[cm_ad_changer campaign_id="1"]

COCA COLA BEVERAGES SA AND SHOPRITE EXTEND HELPING HAND TO THE ALEXANDRA FIRE VICTIMS

Together we can…Shoprite Store Manager at the Alexandra Mall and CSI Specialist of Coca Cola Beverages South Africa in Gauteng region, Geogett Naidoo shake hands before they could distribute their offerings to the blaze fire victims in Alexandra.

COCA Cola Beverages South Africa (CCBSA) has proved that they are not just here for profit only but also to extend a helping hand.
This after the company made an early Christmas dream come true to most of the families of Alexandra who were badly affected after their shacks totalling 500 in number were destroyed in the fire blaze last week Thursday.
On Saturday, Gauteng Region of the Coca Cola Beverages South Africa through their CSI team in partnership with Shoprite and disaster management agency “Gift of the Givers” showed love and commitment when they distributed the groceries, blankets & Bonaqua bottled water to the victims.
CSI Specialist of Coca Cola Beverages South Africa in Gauteng region, Geogett Naidoo said their company has their heart in the interest of the communities they are serving, hence they decided to extend their helping hand.
“As part of our social responsibility, we support communities that are in need especially the vulnerable & for emergency relief, we strive to improve the quality of Life” pointed out Naidoo who told Naka Media that they were enlighten on the sad news from media on Thursday of 500 shacks destroyed in the fire blaze
Also echoing on Naidoo’ sentiments was Shoprite store manager at Alexandra Mall, Endie Mashilo who said: “We like to see lives changing by helping the community of Alexandra & make a difference, hence we were part of this initiative.”
According to the an eyewitness who was interviewed by the eNCA, the fire at on the corner of London Road and 18th Avenue is allegedly to have started after someone took revenge for an attack on Wednesday in the area.
Residents were carrying buckets of water to battle the blaze. The eyewitness said when fire engines arrived there was no water.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.