SOWETO DERBY – ORLANDO PIRATES FC VS KAIZER CHIEFS FC
FNB STADIUM – SATURDAY, 6 DECEMBER 2014
1. Opportunities Summary
o Orlando Pirates FC
o Stadium Management SA
o Kaizer Chiefs FC
o Metrorail / Rea Vaya
o JMPD / Gauteng Traffic
o City of Johannesburg (digital media)
Dates Communication Method Message
Digital media 01/10 – 06/12 Content posts All relevant key messaging
Press releases 3/12 OPFC and SMSA
platforms Public Transport & Parking/ Event Summary
Radio 1/12- 6/12 Live reads and Interviews Breakdown key messaging
Print media Daily Sun Public Transport & Parking/ Event Summary
Media Clubs open day and media press conference All relevant key messaging
Mobile SMS 06/12 Ticket holders Event day messaging
2. EVENT DETAILS
Date Saturday, 6 December 2014
R80 – Level 1 (lower bowl)
R100 – Level 2 (middle level)
R60 – Level 5 (upper bowl)
R10 – Juveniles (upper level only 1 000 available)
(available via Computicket outlets)
Parking tickets Limited pre – paid parking tickets available at Computicket outlets @ R20 & R100
R50 – Physically disabled parking
Hospitality For VIP, Premium and Standard hospitality packages contact SAIL on 082 560 8993 or email@example.com
Full road closures 9:00am
Gates open 11:30
Suites open 13:30pm
Suites close 18:30
Match starts 15:30
Match ends 17:15
Website info www.stadiummanagement.co.za www.orlandopiratesfc.com
• Live Performance
o On field @ half time (Musician & DJ)
• Adidas activation
o 7 a side tournament before kick-off
• Vodacom activation
o Vodacom summer fan zone before kick-off
o Fun competitions, activities and prizes
o Photo opportunities “with players outside the Derby playing squad”
o Charging stations/ airtime sales/ WIFI
• Sanral Activation
o Display at the stadium
o Flyer distribution
• 16 days of Activism
o Display area
• Bowl tickets – limited tickets available via Computicket outlets
o There are different ticket prices for the different general spectator seating levels at the Stadium for the event.
o Please respect the rights of other fans who have paid more for their ticket and seat at the allocated levels.
o Patrons with no tickets will be denied access into the venue precinct.
o Patrons are cautioned from purchasing fake match day tickets; these will not grant you access into the venue.
o Your original purchased computicket Derby ticket dated 1 November 2014 will be valid on 6 December 2014.
o An additional outer precinct ticket check points will be implemented on event day.
o No ticket sales on event day at the Venue.
• Tickets are available via SAIL bookings
• firstname.lastname@example.org or 082 560 8993
R4 500.00 P/P excl. VAT
• Prime position suite ticket
• Premium meal
• Executive bar
• Parking 1:4
• Personal service from expert staff Premium Package
R2 395.00 P/P excl. VAT
• Suite ticket
• Buffet meal
• Complimentary local bar
• Parking 1:4
• Personal service from expert staff Standard Package
R1 790.00 P/P excl. VAT
• Suite ticket
• Snack meal
• Beer, wine & soft drinks only
• Parking 1:4
• Personal service from expert staff
4.3 Parking tickets
Sold via Computicket outlets http://online.computicket.com/web/event/orlando_pirates_vs_kaizer_chiefs_parking/856026345/0/62178890
PARKING PRICE: AREA
Premium general parking (inside) R100 Entrance Gate 2
General parking (outside) R20
Disabled parking R50
• Nasrec Expo Centre and Shareworld parking
• Physically challenged drivers
o Physically challenged patrons parking tickets will only be sold directly from the FNB Stadium Ticket office; at Gate C (prior to match day). Patrons can reserve their tickets telephonically by contacting the stadium ticketing office: +27 11 247 5300
• No public parking outside of the Stadium;
• Limited Pre-paid Parking at EXPO Centre from R20. Pre-event day bookings at Computicket outlets.
• There will be no vehicle access permitted pass the road closures without the relevant parking tickets.
5. PUBLIC TRANSPORT
• Departing from: Vereeniging (13:00) / Leralla (12:55) / Springs (12:25) / De Wildt (11:50)/ Mabopane (12:00) / Pienaarspoort (12:05) / Saulsville (12:10) / Johannesburg CBD (13:10).
• For the full train schedule please visit: gometro.co.za; www.orlandopiratesfc.com and www.stadiummanagement.co.za
• Cost: R40 for a return ticket across all stations.
• Park and rail ticket includes safe and secure parking at the train stations.
5.2 Rea Vaya
• T1 and C1 normal service buses will stop at FNB Stadium from 10:00, throughout the day
• T3 fans will connect T1 service buses at Orlando Stadium Rea Vaya station to go to Soccer City Rea Vaya station,
• A shuttle service from the FNB Stadium Rea Vaya Station will be operated to Thokoza Park for the Soweto bound fans, Ellis Park for the CBD bound fans, and T3 for Park Town bound fans after the match.
• Fans will only be dropped off at Rea Vaya stations along the BRT route after the match.
• Cost: Standard service – R25 (return) or R13 (one-way). Loading of the smart card can be done at all Rea Vaya stations.
To the stadium
Starting point First bus Last bus Frequency
Ellis Park 12:00 15:00 5 minutes
Library Gardens 12:00 15:00 15 minutes
Thokoza Park 11:15 15:00 5 minutes
C1 Dobsonville 12:00 14:30 10 minutes
From the stadium
Destination First bus Last bus Frequency
Ellis Park 17:00 19:00 2 minutes
Library Gardens 17:00 19:00 2 minutes
Thokoza Park 17:00 19:00 2 minutes
NB: Last bus times are estimates which depend on the time the match finishes and the level of congestion along the route.
5.4 Top 6 Taxis
• Departing at 11h00 from & returning to:
o CBD, MTN Taxi Rank, Maponya Mall, Moroka Police Station, Kliptown Post Office, Dobsonvile Police Station, Meadowlands Police Station, Phefani Taxi Rank, Cross Road Taxi Rank, Dube Station Taxi Rank.
• Pick-up and drop off points will be at the stadium transport hub
• Cost: R 10 to Stadium; R12 from Stadium.
6. TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT
– Strict traffic-control measures by JMPD and Gauteng Traffic will be in operation immediately around the Stadium from 9:00am.
– Help avoid traffic congestion – travel to or arrange to be dropped–off early at the Stadium.
– General public (non-spectators) should avoid the Stadium precinct from 10h00 – 20h00 on Saturday, 1 November 2014. Your co-operation is appreciated.
– Motorists are advised not to be directed to illegal parking areas by illegal car guards. General public parking will ONLY be available at the Nasrec Expo Centre and all parking tickets will be sold via Computicket outlets.
7. RECOMMENDED VEHICULAR APPROACH ROUTES
Please take note of the recommended vehicular approach routes for VIP’s, Hospitality Guests and the general public to the Stadium as indicated on the map below.
The dedicated vehicular routings to the Stadium VIP, hospitality & public parking areas for this event are:
– VIP & Hospitality Guests: via N1 and N17 off ramp;
– Physically challenged drivers: via N1 and N17 off-ramp;
– General Public: via N1 and Rand Show Road off-ramp
(preferred); via M1 & Nasrec Road onto Rand Show Road;
– NOTE: General public must avoid N17 approach at all costs. This route will be heavily policed & will not be allowed to use this route.
– Road closures at the following intersections (please see the attached precinct map):
o N17 and N1 North on – ramp
o N1 North off- ramp and N17
o Nasrec Road and Juskei Drive
o Soweto Highway and Mentz Street
o Pat Mbatha and True Street
o Booysens Reserve Road and Crownwood Road
o Booysens Reserve Road and Amethyst Road
o Booysens Reserve and League Avenue
o M1South off – ramp and Nasrec Road
o N1 North off- ramp and Rand Show Road
o Soweto Highway and N1 South on – ramp
o Nasrec Road and Rand Show Road
o Nasrec Road and Adcock Ingram
o Nasrec Road and Booysens Reserve
o Golden Highway and Ring Road 1
o Soweto Highway and Golden Highway
o Soweto Highway and N1 South on- ramp
o N17 and Nasrec Road
NOTE: Please avoid M1 South due to closures
8. PUBLIC EVENT DAY MESSAGING
A Few Tips:
• Strict traffic-control measures will be in operation immediately around the Stadium from 9am. Help avoid traffic congestion – travel to or arrange to be dropped–off early at the Stadium.
• If parking at the Nasrec Expo Center – please ensure that you have obtained your pre-paid stadium parking ticket from Computicket.
• You will not be allowed into the precinct if you do not have this pre-paid Computicket parking ticket.
• The national “Arrive Alive” traffic safety campaign is supported. Nominate a dedicated (non- drinking) driver if driving to the event.
• The general public (non – spectators) should avoid the Stadium precinct on the day of the match. Your co-operation is appreciated.
9. STADIUM FAQ’s
• Right of admission is reserved;
• Know the applicable event ticket conditions, Stadium rules and list of prohibited & restricted items applicable to this event – go to www.stadiummanagement.co.za to familiarize you.
• Please note that you will be subjected to a search of your person and belongings at stadium spectator access points;
• SMSA, SAPS and stadium security and their duly authorises officials reserve the right to prevent any persons from bringing in any item into the stadium which is reasonably considered to be a danger or risk to the general of the event.
• Stadium has a strict No Smoking Policy and urges patrons to adhere to these smoke-free restrictions within the Stadium
• All minors must be accompanied by an adult. No children priced tickets is being sold for this event. (We made provision for Children tickets therefore on sale subject to availability)
• Should you need immediate assistance, please notify the nearest event staff member or security personnel. Guests are encouraged to report issues and concerns to a nearby event staff member.
• Patrons are advised to: Keep your valuables safe and To be aware of pick pocketers.
• Emergency numbers:
o Stadium Management (011 247 5300)
o Venue Operating Centre (082 367 4297)
o Booysens SAPS (011 433 5223)
o Computicket (0861 915 8000)
NOTE: Road Closure Map (to download map visit: www.stadiummanagement.co.za)