WITH seven of the eight Telkom Knockout quarter-final places already decided, the focus will shift to Durban tomorrow when AmaZulu hosts Cape Town City at King Zwelithini Stadium. Kick-off is at 7.30pm
This fixture will be followed by a LIVE #TKO2018 quarter-final draw.
The draw will be conducted by PSL’s Luxolo September assisted by Prof Ronnie Schloss and Braam Wessels from Telkom.
The teams that have qualified so far are:
(Seeded teams): Mamelodi Sundowns, Orlando Pirates, Kaizer Chiefs and Maritzburg United.
(Unseeded teams): Bidvest Wits, Baroka FC and SuperSport United.
The last spot will go towards either AmaZulu or Cape Town City.
– Three bowls will be used for the draw (labelled: Pot A, B, C)
– The first bowl (Pot A) will contain the seeded four clubs – (Member Clubs that achieved highest four (4) positions in the Absa Premiership 2017/18 season will be seeded)
– The second bowl (Pot C) will contain the names of the other eight clubs.
– The third bowl (Pot B) will be empty – to be used to determine home and away
How it will work:
1. We draw a ball from the seeded bowl (Pot A) and place it in the empty bowl (Pot B) without opening it
2. We draw a ball from the unseeded bowl (Pot C) and place it in the empty bowl (Pot B) without opening it
3. We then draw go to Pot B and draw the first ball for home, the second ball for away