Voting is now officially opened on www.PSL.co.za
Voting will close three days before the PSL Awards on 05 July 2017.
The 2016/17 season has been dominated by fantastic goals but the public can only vote for one goal that can win the Absa-lutely Goal of the Season.
From Baroka FC goalkeeper Oscarine Masukule’s brilliant overhead kick in stoppage time to Siphiwe Tshabalala’s two stylishly taken goals, to Mxolisi Kunene’s individual solo effort a few months ago together with four other stunning goals, the 2016/17 Absa-lutely Goal of the Season nominees have been concluded.
The eight winning monthly goals were chosen as the best from the online votes by football supporters and the general public, who picked their favourite goal through www.PSL.co.za
Supporters will vote for the best goal. The three goals with the highest number of votes when voting closes will be shortlisted, with the goal that has the most votes announced at the PSL Awards on Monday, 10 July.
The Competition and Prizes:
Absa, proud sponsors of the Absa Premiership, are running a national Absa-lutely Goal of the Season competition to encourage fans to vote for their best goal. Supporters and the public are encouraged to vote for their Goal of the Season and stand a chance to get a VIP Experience courtesy of Absa, including handing over of the award live at the PSL Awards.
One prize winner will be chosen through a random draw from the entire list of Goal of the Season voters who voted during the competition period. The competition, which also runs from 26 June, will close on the 5th July and is open to all voters nationally.
Football supporters and the general public can go to www.PSL.co.za and vote now. All the monthly goals, which are now finalists for the Absa-lutely Goal of the Season, are available on the PSL website for the public to vote for.
Finalists for the 2016/17 Absa-lutely Goal of the Season award:
- August/September:Marc van Heerden (Chippa United) v Baroka FC
- October: George Lebese (Kaizer Chiefs) v Ajax Cape Town
- November: Oscarine Masuluke (Baroka FC) v Orlando Pirates
- December: Percy Tau (Mamelodi Sundowns) v Free State Stars
- February: Siphiwe Tshabalala (Kaizer Chiefs) v Free State Stars
- March: Mxolisi Kunene (Baroka FC) v Kaizer Chiefs
- April: Siphiwe Tshabalala (Kaizer Chiefs) v SuperSport United
- May: Lerato Lamola (Golden Arrows) v Orlando Pirates
How football supporters and the public vote:
- Go to www.PSL.co.za and find the Goal of the Season finalists voting section (top right side)
- Click there – and fill the form below (it will require your name and surname)
- Then you can cast your vote for your favourite goal
- You are automatically entered into Absa’s competition – VIP Experience at the PSL Awards