On the 30 September Munghana LoneneFM launched to the Media & public in Tzaneen Country Lodge where -+ 120 invited guests including media; artists; Mopani VIP’S(Cllrs, majors etc) and SABC staff witness this unveiling.
On the 05 November the formal event will start at 16:00 for 18:00 until 21h30 followed by the after party event which will kick start immediately after the awards and for the first time the after party will be in a form of music festival. We are expecting +/- 15 000 people to attend this event. Line to be confirmed next week…all I can say is that there will be lots of entertainment – to include most Xitsonga artists, 2 Mozambique artists (older market) and 2 hot local artists for the youth market as well.
· The Munghana Lonene FM Music Awards were launched in 2002.
· Due to sponsorship’s financial constraints, the event was not there in the past two years.
· However, during the times that the station had the event, the awards have enjoyed strong support from the media, music industry and the public at large.
· The awards have enjoyed tremendous success over the past years and this was largely due to the fact that the station has always moved the awards around in different places and thus ensuring that the makeup of this event don’t become ordinary; and that people have something new to look forward.
· Munghana Lonene FM has always pledged their support of this kind of music as it attracts listeners in higher LSM and across. The kinds of projects always affect the profile of the station positively.
· The station wants to recognise and support the local talent.
· To celebrate the icon brand that has emerged in the past years.
· To connect to our listeners through the interactive element of the awards
· The MLFM Music awards ceremony will afford the South African Vatsonga/Machangana artists an opportunity to be recognised and awarded for their talent and encourage listeners to actively participate in this process by nominating and voting for their favourite artists.
· The winners will then be announced at the gala event on the 05 November 2011.
· Xitsonga New Comer Artist : R5 000.00
· Xitsonga Best Gospel Song : R10 000.00
· Xitsonga Best Xingondo Song: R10 000.00
· Xitsonga Best Disco Song : R10 000.00
· Xitsonga Best female Artist : R10 000.00
· Xitsonga Best male Artist : R10 000.00
· Xitsonga Best duo/Group : R10 000.00
· Xitsonga Best dance/house song: R10 000.00
· Xitsonga Song of the decade : R10 000.00
· Xitsonga Most popular song: R15 000.00
· Xitsonga Lifetime Achievement awards: R20 000.00 –Will award 2 Artists R10 000 each
To vote please call
IVR: 082 230 8060
SMS with rate: 33129 (R1.50)